AWS Operations Architect
Be a part of the future of
We build innovative SaaS solutions that span CRM, content management, and data for the life sciences industry. Our more than 675 customers ranging from emerging biotechs to the largest global pharmaceutical companies including Bayer, Lilly, Merck, and Novartis.
We are driven by our core values: do the right thing, employee success, customer success, and speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create and bring to market solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life.Job Summary:
Veeva is seeking an AWS Operations Architect to manage and oversee our AWS strategy as we deliver innovative solutions to the Life Sciences industry. The ideal candidate will possess a strong technology background including virtualization, automation, application hosting/management, and operations. The AWS Operations Architect will be responsible for developing, implementing, and managing an enterprise-wide AWS strategy throughout our highly successful and rapidly growing cloud-based software solutions.
- Working closely with individual product architects to define, develop, deploy, and manage highly scalable, highly available SaaS applications on the AWS platform
- Automation of software deployment, configuration management, and performance management in the AWS environment
- Establish and publish AWS best practices for the product and operations teams
- Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Software Engineering, or related discipline
- Minimum 6 years working with product development and operations teams in
a dev opsor similar role
- Minimum 3 years in cloud enabling orchestration and deployment technologies and processes
- Expert in AWS provisioning, security, and management API’s
- Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a cloud or virtualized environment.
- Prior success in automating a real-world production environment
- Strong scripting skills ( Bash, Python, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewalls
- Familiarity with monitoring tools (Nagios preferred)
- Experience with revision/source code repositories (Git, SVN, Mercurial, Perforce, etc.)
- Management of continuous integration servers (Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.)
- Experience building and managing small, highly technical teams
- Experience with configuration management systems like Chef/Puppet/Ansible
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
We don’t accept candidates from recruiters or placement agencies. If you have a candidate interested in Veeva, they should apply directly below or at email@example.com. For more information regarding this policy click here.