Sr. Director of Revenue Accounting
Be a part of the future of cloud at one of the fastest growing and profitable companies in enterprise software. Veeva is experiencing rapid growth and strong demand as the cloud software market is evolving toward industry-specific, cloud solutions. Veeva topped the Fortune Future 50 list of U.S. companies poised for breakout growth and was listed as one of the fastest growing companies among Forbes Fast Tech 25.
We build innovative SaaS solutions that span CRM, content management, and data for the life sciences industry. Our more than 675 customers ranging from emerging biotechs to the largest global pharmaceutical companies including Bayer, Lilly, Merck, and Novartis.
We are driven by our core values: do the right thing, employee success, customer success, and speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create and bring to market solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life.
We are looking for a Senior Director of Revenue Accounting to lead the global revenue accounting function. This role will report directly to the VP of Finance/Corporate Controller and will be responsible for all aspects of the technical revenue accounting, overseeing technical accounting research related to new and proposed accounting standards and complex revenue transactions. In addition, you will oversee the maintenance and review of
- Serve as the finance organization’s subject matter expert on revenue accounting and collaborate cross-functionally with legal, sales support, and professional services relative to contract negotiations to provide guidance on technical accounting, policy or process issues around revenue recognition.
reviewof non-standard contracts to ensure revenue is recognized in accordance with US GAAP and internal policies.
- Work closely with the Company’s external auditors to ensure approved revenue policies are adhered to and monitored and prepare schedules and reports in support of
- Champion the successful roll-out and ongoing development of RevPro.
- Assist in the review of revenue disclosures for external financial reporting, including 10Q's, 10K's and 8K's and assist in ensuring compliance with SEC and GAAP reporting requirements.
- Identify, design and propose ways to make the revenue accounting function more efficient, accurate and timely on a global basis.
- Maintain the Company’s revenue recognition policy and desktop procedures for ongoing revenue activities.
- Develop, maintain and update internal controls documentation for revenue recognition and support audits of internal controls
- 14+ years of combined experience in both public accounting and leading a revenue accounting function in a publicly traded company
- BS in Finance or Accounting
- CPA required, Big 4 experience highly preferred
- Detailed knowledge of relevant revenue accounting guidance under ASC 606 relating to SaaS and services revenue recognition and multiple-element arrangements
- Ability and a desire to research and document US GAAP with an emphasis on ASC 606
- Ability to analyze problems, develop/recommend solutions, and resolve complex revenue accounting issues
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Ability to work on and prioritize multiple projects while meeting goals and deadlines
- Strategic thinker with strong leadership skills and ability to drive change
- Salesforce experience
- NetSuite experience
- RevPro experience
We don’t accept candidates from recruiters or placement agencies. If you have a candidate interested in Veeva, they should apply directly below or at email@example.com. For more information regarding this policy click here.