Senior Technical Product Manager
At Valence, we’re all about building potential. That goes for our clients as well as our co-workers.
Our mission is to help our customers advance through transformative technology, and we are looking for amazing people to make that happen.
Are you ready to dive in, with all your best ideas and creative vision? With Valence, you will work with cutting edge technology in a collaborative environment where you can influence direction and see the impact of your contributions. And we always celebrate as a team when we’ve just delivered something awesome.
From our beautiful, modern office space, to our Innovation Studio that encourages everyone to think broadly and experiment with new ideas, we are constantly looking for ways to make Valence an amazing career home for our employees.
Our culture is about open communication, open doors, mutual respect at all levels, promoting innovation, and embracing creative ideas from everyone. From our open recruiting process to fun-filled onboarding days with team members and company executives, we want our employees to feel seen and heard even before joining our team.
Valence is a dynamic place to build your career, innovate and learn. Come join us – let’s build potential together!
Does developing telecommunications products to solve business problems get you out of bed in the morning? Can you drive product requirements, understand user stories, and create amazing customer experiences all from data driven platforms? Then this role is in your house. The Senior Technical Product Manager will oversee a team in the definition of wireless weareable products, the customer UI experience, the cross-functional team design, lead the development of an ecosystem in a Product Owner role, and then launch and support the product as the team drives adoption.
• Drive an ecosystem project enabling data to be grabbed off of a number of OEM and potentially wearable products and then drive some activity based on that data being available on a platform.
• Enables collaboration across teams in order to align vision and portfolio planning
• Develops product requirements with cross-functional teams. This will be a large part of the role in order to align the product strategy to the roadmap. You understand how to work with trade-offs and identification of implications to the trade-offs.
• Works with development and sales and other functions to develop new products or enhance existing products or product lines.
• Responsible for the development of the product strategy, vision, product planning and execution throughout the product’s life cycle, including its launch into the marketplace.
WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF:
- Your background is in Technical Product Management and Development ideally in the wireless industry (5+yrs)
- You are experienced with AWS cloud platforms and business intelligence tools (5+yrs)
- In your background you’ve worked on the analytics side of product development, and spent 5+ years learning the life cycle of various kinds of products, working closely with technology teams.
- You can communicate at all levels, including executives. Strong verbal and written communications skills, able to convey business and technical concepts to subject matter experts and non-technical professionals.
- Strong in MS Office and MS Excel
- UI/UX and SDLC knowledge required
- Telecommunications experience ideal
- Bachelor's degree required, Masters ideal
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Fully paid medical/dental/vision benefits for you and your family
- 401(k)-fully vested immediately, 4% match @ 100%
- 3 weeks of PTO, plus 8 paid holidays
- Flexible work schedules, telecommute options
- 12 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Plan for dependent care, health care and commuter/transit costs
- Short & Long-Term Disability, fully paid for Life Insurance
- Numerous company and team building events
- Low-stress interview process
- Innovative work culture with automated stand ups, chatbot HR tools, and our own Innovation Studio
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL AT VALENCE?
You have a passion for innovation and technology. You have a sense of humor. You believe in the potential in everyone. You are ego-free. You’re collaborative and value a work culture where great ideas can come from anyone.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.