We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
We are currently seeking an eager buyer to join our Consumer Engagement department and oversee product levels for all UMG and Bravado’s online shops. The eCommerce Buyer will be responsible for managing inventory and stock positions of over 250+ artist webstores, projecting sales on selections, initiate buys and reorders, and ensure products are delivered in a timely manner to the distribution center.
- Manage inventory across Universal Music Group stores, reviewing on hand quantities and determining stock positions based on weeks of supply, current sell through, seasonal trends and artist life-cycle
- Project sales and inventory of core products based on sales history and forecasted growth
- Identify items for promotional and marketing strategies and determine lifecycle of each item
- Communicate inventory needs with operations and consumer engagement teams to plan against upcoming product lines and marketing
- Work with analtyics team and prepare a data analysis that identifies excess inventory around holiday planning
- Generate POs and approve respective invoices prior to submitting to finance
- Initiate buy - gaining financial approve and processing with in-house production team
- Communicate incoming buys and timelines to key stakeholders for each store. Ensuring logistics teams adjust for incoming inventory
- Be the point person for logistics and customer service teams regarding inquiries of incoming stock
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with in-house production team, working together to research and resolve vendor issues, delays and purchases
- Track orders to ensure the timely delivery of merchandise to the distribution center
- Partner with logistics team to make sure incoming orders are received in properly
- Troubleshoot and resolve any order issues and discrepancies
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work in an ever changing fast-paced environment, closely with a diverse group of people
- Strong ability in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- At least 3-5 years of buying, planning or allocation work experience
- Experience managing data from multiple reporting systems
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.