Manager, Customer Operations
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
We’re looking for a Customer Service manager to oversee a team of Customer Service Representatives. This role will act as the main interface with customers for all matters relating to the customer service and distribution business. In addition to overseeing a team of Customer Service Analysts, the Manager will be cross trained and perform Order Management functions and support other team members as appropriate.
The Customer Service Manager is responsible for building an excellent working relationship between UMG, 3PL providers and customers. The role will also work on liaising with all groups to ensure that the customer account runs smoothly and efficiently with the primary focus being on effective new release, campaign and Catalog order management.
The Customer Service Manager should make a full and valuable contribution, supporting the effort to ensure the customer’s needs are met wherever practicable, whilst being aware of cost and maintaining UMG service levels.
Account Management and Supervision
- Manage a team and provide hands-on guidance and leadership to support all day to day Order Management and Customer Service activities to deliver business results
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationship with
- UMG’s supply chain
- 3PL providers
- Produce management and customer reports as required, Co-ordinate and feedback business measures / KPI reporting to the customer in-line with the Contract
- Maintain new release & early ship report keeping the warehouse informed
- Address and follow up systems issues, queries and reporting needs
- To communicate both pro-actively and reactively with customer as circumstances dictate
- Provide exceptional business analytical support to Management and team
- Leverage business analytics to help prioritize and improve day to day service delivery
- Develop team and team members
Process & System Enhancement
- Continuous improvement of processes/work instructions/service levels
- Assists with the development of processes, system enhancements, and reports (e.g., Key Performance Indicators (KPI), statistical and trends reports) to facilitate execution of responsibilities
- Performs special projects and ad hoc analysis as requested by management or as required for their assigned accounts
- Exceptional ability to analyze data and trends, make educated conclusions and provide recommendations in a clear and concise manner
- Is adept at implementing and/or designing statistical metrics
- Demonstrates experience in extracting and segmenting data to facilitate data analysis.
- Knows how or where to obtain information; is resourceful
Supervision & Leadership
- Demonstrated ability to manage and direct a team to deliver business results
- Takes ownership and responsibility for work progress
- Prioritizes work activities; plans and stays organized to meet commitment and productivity standards
- Ability to continuously prioritize workload and work under pressure.
- Develops well thought out action plans
- Is a highly detail oriented individual
- Manages timelines; deals effectively with pressure
- Proven interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, Excellent telephone manner
- Expresses written ideas, thoughts, or facts in a clear, convincing, and organized way
- To be an effective and flexible member of the Customer Services team
- Embraces teamwork; shares ideas / methods to improve performance
Other Necessary Skills
- Takes initiative and seeks increased responsibilities
- Solid understanding of operations and the supply chain domain
- Required: English
- Any other language is an asset
- Service delivery orientation
- Excellent communication and persuasive skills
- Positive attitude and team player
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Must be able to perform effectively in a deadline driven multi-tasking environment
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications with key focus on Excel
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in a client facing role preferred. This experience would ideally have been gained within the distribution sector of the Entertainment or Fast-Moving Consumer industry.
- IT experience – Advanced expertise in Microsoft software packages
- Understanding of Order Management and distribution processes
- BA/BS in Business, Operations or related field; or equivalent experience
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.