Junior Data Analyst
Have you always dreamed of taking your data experience into the fascinating industry that is music and entertainment? Do you love music streaming and all things digital?
Universal Music China is looking for a Junior Data Analyst to join the digital department. We manage the processing of local China partner digital sales. The reporting format, standard and submission of these reports is different for each of the partners. The reports need to be converted into the correct format, the data cleansed and the final versions submitted to a central IT function. The report data is business critical, and essential to several other systems (sales, finance, royalty).
About the role -
- Maintain data quality and data cleaning, such as standardize into Universal Music format.
- Act as a point of contact to receive financial reports from partners.
- Ensure that the reporting quality is maintained.
- Provide data support t other team members.
About you -
- Relevant qualifications in Business or other related field.
- Experience of managing ad-hoc analysis projects.
- Highly numerate and commercially minded.
- Ensure documentation and monitoring of all reporting processes, and clearly communicate updates to the rest of the team.
- Solid experience in a professional analysis or research or financial role.
- High level of Excel skills and experience.
- Excellent Chinese and English communication skills.
- Clear thinker who is comfortable with accurately managing large amounts of data.
- High level of IT skill particularly, comfortable with using in-house systems.
Interested? Please follow the link to submit your application today!
Note: only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world’s leading music and entertainment organisation, incorporating recorded music, music publishing and artist merchandise activities. The Group discovers, develops, markets and distributes recorded music through a network of subsidiaries, joint ventures and licensees in 77 countries worldwide.
Universal Music has market leading artists in the Region including Jacky Cheung, Nana Ouyang, Sa Dingding, Eason Chan, Alan Tam, Priscilla Chan, Kelly Chen, SamSons, Dean, Siri Nurhaliza, Darren Espanto, Gentle Bones, A-Mei, and Yanzi Sun. Universal Music Korea has a market leading position with various artists including DEAN, SAAY, Boys Republic, 1415 and more.
Universal’s Global roster includes Taylor Swift, Drake, Mumford and Sons, Lady GaGa, Katy Perry, Keith Urban, Sam Smith, Metallica, Fall Out Boy, Ariana Grande, Kendrick Lamar, Imagine Dragons, Madonna, Andre Rieu, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Florence and the Machine, and many more.