The Technical Lead is responsible for the technical design, planning, implementation, performance tuning and recovery procedures for CCMG mission critical enterprise systems and related infrastructure. The Systems Engineer identifies methods, solutions, and provides project leadership and management for technical initiatives. As the Technical Lead, this role is also responsible for ensuring high quality technical assistance and customer service to the CCMG user community, and supervises the Deskside Support staff.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of corporate servers, monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair.
- Monitors workload and productivity of Deskside Support staff, providing direction and technical support as necessary.
- Ensures that records of system downtime and equipment inventory are properly maintained.
- Applies revisions to host system firmware and software.
- Performs troubleshooting as required and leads problem-solving efforts involving outside vendors and other support staff and/or organizations.
- Ensures high availability and optimal performance levels of mission critical technology resources.
- Manages data center equipment such as climate control system, UPS (uninterrupted power system) and fire suppression system.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Requires occasional travel
- 5-10 years of experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role
- Experience leading a technical team
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Experience with Microsoft Operating Systems 2008R2 to 2012 R2
- Experience with Symantec Backup Exec and Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Experience with VMware vCenter/ESXi 5.5 and 6.x
- Experience with iSCSI and fiber channel SANS
- Experience with IBM AIX or related UNIX-based Operating Systems a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (or equivalent experience)
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.