Director, A&R Administration
The Verve Label Group is seeking a highly motivated, well organized team member for our A&R Administration department located in NY to work across the Verve and Classics rosters. This person is responsible for the administration of recording budgets, including invoice processing, and will manage all financial facets of the recording process from artist signing to record release.
- Liaison for artist representatives on all aspects of the recording process
- Work with A&R and artist management to prepare recording budgets within contractual constraints
- Monitor project spending and provide timely and accurate analysis
- Enter and open Purchase Orders for all costs associated with the recording budget including studio, engineer, travel, etc; confirm royalty rates for producers and/or mixers
- Prepare producer and mixer declarations for projects if necessary
- Review label copy and credits for union compliance
- Review, code and process recording invoices. Interact with the Accounts Payable team to ensure invoices are expedited
- Processing of all union contracts for both AFM & SAG/AFTRA
- Set up new frontline artists and projects in Atlas after executed contract has been received
- Prepare budget reforecast approval memos if needed; then circulate for approval
- Running reports from Uniport and SAP
- Review deliverables before paying back-ends (executed producer agreement; union contracts; publishing info; audio files submission etc.)
- Coordinate retrieval of audio files/media from producer/artist/studios for verification and shipment to the UMG vault.
Financial Systems (On Job Training)
- Answer inquiries from vendors regarding payments
- Maintain various reports and spreadsheets
- Self-starter with the ability to also interact with a team
- Demonstrates impeccable organizational skills and attention to detail
- Possesses a thorough understanding of the recording process and a basic understanding of recording costs and budgeting
- Ability to multi-task effectively, prioritize, and to work accurately under pressure of deadlines with frequent interruptions - a sense of urgency is a must
- Employs follow-through and persistence to achieve goals
- Comfortable communicating with all levels of senior management
- Excellent writing skills and phone manner
- 5-7 years music industry experience preferred
- Bachelors degree preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.