Job title: Marketing Intern
Responsible to: Director, Frontline Content Marketing
Department: Eagle Rock
Location of work: Kings Cross
Main purpose of role:
Eagle Rock Entertainment is the world-leading producer and distributor of music-related audiovisual content. Founded in 1997, the multi-award-winning company releases over 50 productions a year including concerts, documentaries, scripted formats and specials representing over 2,000 hours of programming. The vast catalogue includes work by award-winning filmmakers such as Martin Scorsese, Brett Morgan, Paul Dugdale, Stanley Nelson and Bob Smeaton. Eagle Rock has worked alongside a variety of artists including the Rolling Stones, Madonna, Jay Z, Paul McCartney, Frank Sinatra, Katy Perry, Black Sabbath and Imagine Dragons.
In this role the Intern will be responsible for providing support to the members of the International Marketing Department. Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assist in all aspects of Marketing campaigns, from basic office admin to supporting and developing marketing ideas.
- Office admin including printing, photocopying, answering phones, writing emails, ordering couriers, taking minutes in meetings, booking travel, handling expenses and invoices, and organising meetings.
- Assist team members with the completion of weekly reports on current projects (chart positions, sales figures, artist activity).
- Compile, maintain and distribute a weekly Marketing and PR update with information from all territories.
- Monthly Eagle Newsletter and mailing list database maintenance.
- Website & Social Media updates.
- Assist Marketing Managers on coordination of all release assets for marketing and promotion (press photos, ad mats, press releases, clips, banners for online etc.) to be saved to the network and uploaded to SharePoint/Box. Establish meaningful asset delivery database for all projects.
- Work with the Communications Manager and relevant territory contacts to schedule and connect media phone interviews with relevant talent.
- Assist the team with events, screenings, press passes for live shows etc. as necessary – organise tickets/guest list/passes/competition winners.
- Digital delivery of advance screeners to global contacts for local certification, and promotional audio via PlayMPE, maintaining a detailed file of what has been supplied to whom and when.
- Assist UK Sales with admin tasks.
- Create presentations using PowerPoint and Keynote.
- Manage office stock and order quantities to ensure that promotional copies of finished stock are available as required for Press, Internal use and Artist Management, liaising with warehouse as needed.
- Ad hoc project / event support.
- Use our in-house finance system to manage departmental invoices ensuring that all external suppliers are paid in a timely manner.
- Keep abreast of global competitor activity, by following charts, liaising with international offices, and tracking social media activity.
- Collate artist tour dates, and suggest possible projects to get involved in.
- Practical individual with previous office experience.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Creative ideas and solutions, and quick to learn and adapt as required.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Highly motivated, with the ability to deal with the routine tasks as well as the more interesting aspects of the role.
- Flexible and able to prioritise own workload; hard working and enthusiastic with a positive attitude.
- Disciplined and organised.
- Comfortable working under pressure in a constantly evolving environment.
- Excellent IT skills including a good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Tactful, diplomatic and discreet.
- Confident and passionate about developing a career in the music industry.
- Passion for music and music film.
- A ready knowledge of the Music Industry, and the opportunities / problems we collectively face.
- Experience in other parts of the industry (eg playing in bands, gig promotion, student radio, music journalism).
- Regular user of social media platforms and passionate about music and the digital landscape.
Diversity and inclusion
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.