Senior Product Manager
The Sourcing Manager will be an essential part of Bravado team, helping to drive execution of merchandise needs for Retail, E-commerce and special projects. This position will report directly to the Vice President of Production and work very closely with the Creative design team.
- Develop/source new and existing fabric, trims, washes/dyes vendors for all upcoming development
- Working with tech design and creative to have complete technical package to initiate development
- Initiate time and action calendars. Drive activity alongside cross-functional teams to remain on calendar.
- Management of pre-production/development timelines, reviewing reports and recommending solutions to exceptions
- Work collaboratively with the Creative team to develop a final assortment that is executable in production
- Monitor all development programs- from sample development through commercialization through PSR reports.
- Negotiate and cost engineer with vendors across multiple programs to help meet P&L requirements.
- Initiate weekly development touch base cross-functional meetings for potential order issues as appropriate
- Diverse market segment background (mens, juniors, and childrenswear)
- Strong costing and product engineering skills
- Existing vendor relationships especially in cut and sew knits, sleepwear and loungewear
- Detail oriented with strong follow through skills
- Extensive technical knowledge of raw materials, garment constructions, wash and print processes
- Microsoft Suite and Adobe proficiencies (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Illustrator).
- Ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Strong Critical Thinking and Problem Solving skills
- Excellent communicator with the ability to build and maintain relationships
- Flexible and adaptable; priorities change frequently based on business demands, the ability to change direction quickly is critical
- Strong long term strategic planning capability
- Effective verbal and written skills
- 5-7 years of experience in apparel production and/or product development
- Bachelor’s degree
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.