Universal Music Canada is proud to offer students the opportunity to gain hands on experience in the music industry through our Unpaid Internship Program commencing Winter 2019 (January to April). Today’s students may be tomorrow’s employees and this placement will provide interested students with the chance to work with and learn directly from music industry professionals.
We are looking for an enthusiastic marketing intern to join our marketing department and provide creative ideas to help achieve our goals. You will have administrative duties in developing and implementing marketing strategies.
- Identify and analyse market trends in the entertainment field
- Data mine for overlooked opportunities
- Contribute to direct marketing campaigns
- Participate in department brainstorming sessions
- Manage the department contact database
- Assist marketing managers in their daily activities as required including sales and consumption reports
- Preparing packages for distribution/courier
- Mail outs for Electronic Media (video) and Publicity
- Filing marketing reports
- Updating mailing lists (i.e. indie retail, hot spot)
- Weekly mailbags (Distribution of advance music, marketing materials, loot, etc)
- Solicit point of purchase materials, and oversee its distribution
Ability to produce creative (banners, print ads) is an asset but not required. Experience with social media, analytics and digital marketing campaigns required.
- Must be enrolled in a post-secondary program that requires a placement
- Passion for music
- Ability to produce creative assets (banners, print ads, one sheet) is an asset
- Ability to multi-task and take initiative
- Hardworking and dedicated outlook
- Ability to take director and absorb information quickly
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Experience with social media, analytics and digital marketing campaigns is required
- Proficient in MS Office (i.e. Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Strong organizational, verbal and communication skills
If you are interested in an Internship at Universal Music Canada and currently enrolled in a post-secondary program that requires a placement, please remember to include all of the following with your application:
- Cover letter and resume indicating the internship you are interested in applying for (in an order of preference - 3 maximum preferences, 1 being most preferred)
- Days and hours of availability, along with the number of hours that must be completed.
- Documentation from the accredited institution outlining: internship requirements, workplace safety and accident insurance coverage and that credit or recognition will be earned for the internship with the accredited institution
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Universal Music Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.