We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
We are currently seeking an experienced Marketing Executive who will handle product and marketing campaign strategy for multiple artists and projects across the Verve & Classics roster. This person will work closely with the Department Head and all other departments within Verve/Classics (A&R, Revenue, Creative, Digital, PR, Radio) to develop and execute fully integrated, progressive and innovative marketing strategies for a range of artists – from new signings to global superstars. He/She should have a strong understanding of artist development; streaming, digital and traditional retail/revenue business; live touring, events and festivals; creative and content strategy; long-term budget and P+L management; artist relations and the ability to collaborate with artists and music executives daily in and out of the office.
- Develop and execute marketing strategy for artists’ music and music-related products across the Verve/Classics roster. These include but are not limited to: single / EP /albums, music videos and video content, merchandise and direct-to-consumer business.
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders across A&R, Retail + Revenue, Product Development, Digital, TV & Film Licensing, and Artist Management to support priority projects, artists, and brands.
- Help guide and execute artist branding, creative materials and original content specific to each campaign.
- Proactively communicate goals and project analysis with all departments inside the company, and to artist management and agents.
- Regularly interface with artists and management on all aspects of commercial release plan and marketing strategy to insure the success of the project.
- Understand and analyse the constant flow of streaming, sales, radio and social data and adjust marketing strategies accordingly.
- Understand and implement innovative digital marketing
- Experience working with record companies, artist management, talent agencies
- Strong ability to successfully define and drive project management and execution
- Creative thinker with ability to generate innovative marketing ideas
- Strong understanding of DSP trends and emerging streaming business (Spotify, Apple, Soundcloud, YouTube)
- Social media savvy, with experience on platforms and understanding of associated data
- Strong skills in communication, presentation, writing, and able to work well cross-functionally
- Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Nielson statistics analysis (Soundscan, Mediabase).
- 6+ Years Experience, Marketing Director / Product Manager/VP level
- Bachelor’s Degree
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.