We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audio-visual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Interscope Records is currently looking for an Administrative Assistant who has superior attention to detail, great organizational skills, the ability to meet tight deadlines, and juggle multiple critical requests. Must be very efficient and highly attuned to the smallest of details, as well as being able to multi-task and work on tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment is crucial. A “can-do” attitude is essential.
- Pulling commitments to match the corresponding invoice
- Coding the invoice to the proper artist recording budget and obtaining the necessary approvals to pay
- Confirming that vendors are set-up in UMG systems, if not helping vendors to set themselves up
- Coordinate with the travel department to book artist travel
- Process AFTRA and AFM contracts
- Process rush payments
- Assisting the royalty department with inquiries
- Managing payments to vendors
- Coordinate and participate on shared projects with all levels of staff
- Assist with scanning and/or mailing invoices to accounts payable for processing payment
- Contacting vendors if accounts payable needs additional information to process and pay an invoice
- Outgoing personality and open-minded
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Very data driven/computer heavy/data-oriented
- Has strong follow-up/follow-through
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Highly dependable and can be relied upon to complete tasks
- Willingness to aggressively chase down information
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to perform research, summarize info and report back findings
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, safeguard confidential information, and work overtime as required
- Ability to assist with developing new processes that will create efficiencies across the label
- Knowledge of UMG systems a plus
- 2-3 years Music Industry legal/licensing/admin experience
- Familiarity with recording agreements is a plus
- Excellent typing and computer skills, including in Word, Excel, Outlook
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.