Senior Manager, HRIS
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Global HR Systems and Payroll, lead a team involved in the development and ongoing effective maintenance of our multiple and complex global HR systems. Must be able to negotiate for resources and interface effectively with all levels of management and employees. Prepares and presents project proposals to management and user departments. Establishes programming standards and program documentation requirements. Reviews current status of system applications and prepares recommendations for systems improvements. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Provide technical, functional and strategic support on the design, configuration, and implementation of a new, global HCM platform.
- Participate in creating a global strategy for the integration of all HR-related systems.
- Project manage portions of the overall work, e.g. business requirements around vendor replacements, redesign of interfaces and internal processes, implementation of a new LMS, etc.
- As part of the global HR team, effectively communicate changes, benefits and challenges of new systems and programs. Be a credible resource for explaining technical information.
- Build relationships both internal to HR and within the Finance and IT organizations to be able to navigate for resources.
- Effectively manage vendors providing HR system services
- Participate and provide leadership to other change management projects across the business as assigned.
- Proven success operating in early stage, evolving, and steady state environments
- Solid understanding of Employee Life Cycle administration, process mapping and redesign
- Strong ability to influence across organization levels
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and project management skill
- Vendor Management experience
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in Change Management for HR process
- Experience with regulatory compliance requirements including: SOX, Data Privacy, and Business Continuity planning
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work with different cross-functional stakeholders to establish productive working relationships
- Exceptional customer focus and service orientation
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage people effectively
- Team--oriented attitude balanced with ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- 8+ years’ experience building, deploying and managing HR Systems
- Proficient in MS Office (word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Bachelor’s Degree, in Business, Human Resources or related field
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.