Label Group Administrator
Under the Capitol Music Group umbrella of UMG, Capitol Christian Music Group is the market leader in the field of recorded music, distribution, and music publishing. Employing over 150 people, Capitol CMG provides a challenging and rewarding work environment characterized by a commitment to our artists and songwriters, one another, our customers and community service.
We are currently seeking a self-motivated individual to provide support across the label group with a specialized focus in the A&R department. Key functions include but are not limited to: provide administrative and operational support to the A&R team; book travel, file and manage expense reports, and provide organizational support as required; help create an A&R staff that is both accessible and responsive; facilitate communication externally with artists, managers, writers and personnel related to production; provide support in showcases, events, and projects as needed.
The ideal candidate is highly detailed, pro-active, has a knack for problem solving, proven people skills, and a “can do” attitude. Professional demeanor, diplomacy, and the ability to work well under pressure are musts.
- Provide Executive Support to Chief Creative Officer in the areas of travel, expense report, and scheduling
- Assist A&R team in scheduling group meetings with artists, producers, managers, writers, etc.
- Assist Manager of Artist Services on events and projects as required
- Copy and distribute approved music for external and internal use as needed
- Coordinate travel for A&R team and secure necessary approvals
- Prepare and maintain expense report forms for the A&R team
- Regular meeting prep and coordination including meeting of guests, food ordering, setting up meeting rooms and presentations, document prep and organization as directed
- Submit label nominations for Grammy and GMA Dove Awards
- Assist and coordinate showcases for prospective artists
- Keep A&R team informed of important updates relating to artists, projects, A&R staff and departmental issues to ensure compliance on all label procedures and policies
- Maintain a practical and technical working knowledge of the Capitol CMG Label Group Production Schedule and Release Schedule and assist A&R team in meeting key deadlines
- Order office supplies as needed
- Gather and compile data for weekly reports for upper management team and scouting report for A&R team
- Be available and proactive in assisting artist and staff business needs
- Create an environment of trust and reliability with staff members, artists and other outside individuals so they feel their requests/needs are being addressed in an efficient manner
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and the Internet required.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively within a fast paced environment
- Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with external partners and employees of the company at all levels
- Proven people skills
- Ability to carry out tasks with limited supervision
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Ability to adapt in an environment where change is constant
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in administrative role or comparable experience
- College degree preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.