Administrator, A&R – Capitol Christian Music Group
Under the Capitol Music Group umbrella of UMG, Capitol Christian Music Group is the market leader in the field of recorded music, distribution, and music publishing. Employing over 150 people, Capitol CMG provides a challenging and rewarding work environment characterized by a commitment to our artists and songwriters, one another, our customers and community service.
To provide administrative and operational support to the A&R department; to assist the A&R staff, providing travel, expense reports and other support as required; to help create an A&R staff that is both accessible and responsive; to facilitate communication externally with artists, managers, writers and production personnel related to production; to provide document control including expense reports, travel itineraries, etc.; to support the Manager of Artist Services in showcases, events, and projects as needed.
- Provide Executive Support to CCO in the areas of travel, expense report, and scheduling
- Assist A&R team in scheduling group meetings with artists, producers, managers, writers, etc.
- Assist Manager of Artist Services on projects and events as required
- Copy and distribute approved music for external and internal use as needed
- Coordinate travel for A&R team and secure necessary approvals
- Prepare and maintain expense report forms for the A&R team
- Create and/or assist A&R Team on presentations, via PowerPoint/music/imaging, and other reports as needed
- Submit label nominations for Grammy and GMA Dove Awards
- Assist and coordinate showcases for prospective artists
- Keep A&R team informed of important updates relating to artists, projects, A&R staff and departmental issues to ensure compliance on all label procedures and policies
- Maintain a practical and technical working knowledge of the Capitol CMG Label Group Production Schedule and Release Schedule and assist A&R team in meeting key deadlines
- Attend key interdepartmental meetings as required
- Order office supplies as needed
- Gather and compile data for weekly market share report for upper management team and scouting report for A&R team
- Be available and proactive in assisting artist and staff business needs
- Create an environment of trust and reliability with staff members, artists and other outside individuals so they feel their requests/needs are being addressed in an efficient manner
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and the Internet required.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively within a fast paced environment
- Proven people skills
- Ability to carry out tasks with limited supervision
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Ability to adapt in an environment where change is constant
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in administrative role or comparable experience
- College degree preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.