Talent Acquisition Specialist - Consultant
We are Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Universal Music Group is seeking a highly skilled Talent Acquisition Specialist for a recruiter consultant/contractor role. It’s messy…but if being part of a transformation and really being valued for your impact motivates you, you want to speak to us! If you are an assertive recruiter that enjoys the challenge of finding talent, we want to speak to you! If you have a passion for music and your profession, thrive in a dynamic environment, and value relationships, we want to speak to you!
- Provide full life cycle recruiting services to various music labels and business functions
- Use a combination of recruiting techniques to creatively evaluate, network, and hire top tier talent
- Strategize with hiring managers on a comprehensive recruitment strategy for open positions
- Ownership of the candidate experience throughout the recruitment process, even for those candidates not selected
- Solves problems, takes ownership
- Proactive communicator to hiring managers. Hiring managers never ask you for a status…they are informed
- Can work at all levels of an organization; has a voice, knows when to push and when to accept
- Adaptable to shifts in priorities
- Knowledgeable about the job market, trends, hot jobs and can speak/advise and consult with leaders in planning their workforce needs
- Partners with hiring leaders to make the best decisions
- Actively identifies and assesses passive talent
- Can stay organized around: multiple requisitions, multiple hiring managers, volume of candidates, and mandatory need to develop and maintain strong relationships
- Passion for Recruiting; it’s not a job but a career choice
- Experience in successfully placing creative talent
- Excellent communicator
- Highly organized, plans their time effectively– strong sense of urgency
- Values service and consulting
- Possesses confidence, strong communication skills and business acumen necessary to interact with candidates, hiring managers and senior leaders in the entertainment industry
- Resilient; finds answers; is a collaborator; comfortable setting expectations
- Self-motivated; acts on priorities
- Strong knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems, Jobvite preferred
- Acts as a team member to HR organization
- Must be able to sit for 6-8 hours per day and travel between on campus buildings.
- Passion for Music!!!
- 5+ years of full lifecycle recruiting experience
- Proficient with PC/Mac, MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- BA/BS Degree preferred or equivalent experience
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.