Manager, Human Resources
Universal Music Group is in an exciting stage of growth and evolution in our ongoing commitment to artistry innovation and entrepreneurship. Bringing to life the creative vision of our artists and songwriters and then bringing their music to the world drives our success. Our NYC location, in the heart of Columbus Circle, is home to some of the most iconic and influential labels & brands in music. Come join our expanding Human Resources team in NYC and be part of a dynamic team fueled by creativity, innovation and authenticity.
- Builds, develops and maintain strong collaborative, consultative working relationships with management and employees across multiple business units to deliver value-added HR services.
- Addresses employee concerns and manages employee relations issues; counsel employees and proactively facilitate conflict resolution between employees, escalating issues as appropriate.
- Coaches and counsel’s employees on performance, career development and advancement.
- Manages a process-driven workload and transactional responsibilities including partnering with HRIS/time keeping.
- Manages recruitment/employment function in coordination with hiring managers and Talent Acquisition team including creation and editing of job descriptions, advising on compensation and interviewing.
- Facilitates effective on boarding and exit processes.
- Facilitates salary/bonus planning processes.
- Plans and manages program roll outs with internal specialist partners including talent management, Learning and Organizational development, comp and benefits.
- Develops and manages employee engagement events.
- Understanding of, and experience with, all core areas of Human Resource Management (staffing; employee relations; performance management, compensation, compliance)
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Exercise a high degree of professionalism and diplomacy in interactions with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated skill in handling a variety of employee relations matters
- Excellent follow through skills and the ability to anticipate and address business needs proactively
- Possess strong work ethic; self-motivated with a desire to take initiative and look for ways to improve processes and create efficiencies
- Highly adaptable to a fluid and ever-changing work environment
- Maintains strict confidentiality and adheres to high standard of professional conduct
- Minimum 4 years of prior Human Resources Generalist experience
- Experience practicing HR in a creative industry (music, fashion, television, advertising, etc.) is a plus
- HRIS experience, PeopleSoft/Oracle and/or Workday experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws
- Proficient in MS Office (word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint). Visio and/or Org Plus experience a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a relevant field with HR related coursework
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.