Global Data Services Assistant
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
UMPG is looking for a motivated person to work as part of the Global Data Services team. This position will have responsibility for accurate data entry of copyright and royalty data, the researching and correcting of data errors & anomalies to continually improve data quality.
This position reports into the Team Co-coordinators and Senior Manager Data Services and will perform various tasks across numerous projects and processes for Global Administration and our global affiliates.
- Perform accurate and timely data entry of copyright and royalty data in UMPG’s administration systems in accordance with global standards.
- Research and load song related information such as IP’s, song detail, recording detail
- Clean-up IP’s, songs and other copyright related information
- Load, process and reconcile electronic royalty distribution statements in accordance with controls
- Interpretation and standardisation of external reports for ingestion into UMPG systems
- Reporting on information from UMPG systems for management or affiliates
- Use research tools, database extraction, data management techniques to develop answers and perform calculations as required
- Provide internal support to the Global Administration team including research and resolution of tickets on the Jira ticket management system
- Ad hoc projects and responsibilities as required in response to changing business requirements
- Comfortable numerically, with knowledge or ability to learn how to do financial calculations and analysis
- Proficient in MS Office Microsoft Office skills, particularly excel with the ability to learn customised systems, data management. Advanced excel would be an advantage.
- A collaborative team member able to work with the team manager, co-ordinators and colleagues
- Responds appropriately to direction regarding deadlines, deliverables, key performance indicators and service levels
- Ability to learn quickly, and work proactively
- Work towards team/department/company objectives and takes pride in meeting targets and satisfying internal and external customers
- Experience in the music publishing industry is helpful but not required, a willingness to learn the detail of the business and its processes is important
- Minimum 1-2 years relatable work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.