Retail Accounts Assistant
Job title: Retail Accounts Assistant
Responsible to: Head of Finance
Location of work: Chiswick (Kings Cross Autumn 2018)
Main Purpose of Role:
The main purpose of the role will be ensuring that the interests of Bravado are always protected whilst at the same time maintaining relationships with our customers. The role will support the Head of Finance as well as working closely with the Retail Management Accountant and Accounts Receivable Manager:
- Checking, approving and raising sales invoices for Retail, High Street & Licensing. Liaising with supply chain and sales teams to resolve issues.
- Customs clearance (FOB).
- Resolving customer disputes.
- Processing sales reports, preparing uploads and raising invoices.
- Accounts receivable - maintaining, updating accounts and chasing customers for overdue payments, resolving any queries, maintaining credit insurance details for key accounts, account reconciliation & analysis of aged debtors.
- Setting up new customer accounts.
- Stock reconciliation.
- Compiling artist P&Ls for contract renewals.
- Assisting with tour sheets, hall fees and concessions during peak periods.
- Developing knowledge of VAT accounting procedures and assisting during peak periods.
- Polite but firm telephone manner.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good organisational skills.
- Positive "can do" attitude.
- Keen, flexible attitude with a desire to progress.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.