Global FP&A Intern
Job title: Global FP&A Intern
Responsible to: Global Finance Manager
Location of work: West Kensington
Main Purpose of Role:
The role is an intern position within the Global Finance team reporting to the Global Finance Manager. The Global Finance FP&A team is responsible for: the analysis of the global operating company results, review and analysis of the financial performance of the operating companies and communicating the results and analysis to management through key reports and presentations. The team also closely supports the UMG CFO and UMG Board, and provides assistance to the Heads of Finance in the operating companies.
- Support the Global FP&A team with the creation of Board presentations and other adhoc reports and reviews.
- Support the Global FP&A team in their review and analysis of the group and territory results.
- Administration of the narratives and other reports provided by the territories to the Global FP&A team.
- Help roll forward and update monthly files and templates.
- Help run and build reports in Hyperion to support adhoc analysis.
- Help in the development and maintenance of KPIs.
- Provide additional off-cycle support to Global Finance Manager and Global FP&A Analysts.
- Strong academic background.
- Interest in music with an enthusiasm to work within the industry.
- Desire to become a finance professional.
- Team player, good at building professional relationships and adapting a personal approach to deal with different personalities and varying levels of knowledge and skills across the organisation.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in written form.
- Strong computer literacy (Microsoft office) and excellent excel skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Flexible with ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Ability to manage own workload in a pressurised environment and work to tight deadlines.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.