College & Lifestyle Marketing Representative - Southern Region (Multiple Locations)
Universal Music Group is currently seeking College & Lifestyle Marketing Representatives interested in the areas of Multi-Genre and Urban for the following Southern locations: Atlanta, GA; Nashville, TN and Birmingham/Tuscaloosa, AL regions.
The College Marketing Reps play an extremely important role in the development of Universal Music’s developing Alternative, Urban and Multi Genre artists as well as some of the most well-known artists in the music industry today.
The ideal College Marketing Rep is a key tastemaker that is heavily involved in many campus and community activities. They should build and maintain relationships with other trendsetters at lifestyle, around campus, and online to maximize exposure and create opportunities for UMG’s artists.
The College Rep position is an incredible way to learn the landscape of the music business, gain marketing and advertising experience and, most importantly, take that first step in establishing themselves in the music industry.
- Target the 18-24 demographic and all local colleges to maximize visibility for artists’ content, releases, and tour dates.
- Create marketing plans for various promotions on campus and at local lifestyle and music retail accounts.
- Establish relationships with activity committees, on-campus clubs, influential leaders, trendsetters and tastemakers in order to secure outlets for artist marketing ideas, events and programs
- Maintain a database of lifestyle accounts for promotional opportunities
- Assist with in-store signings, merchandising venues, and store promotions
- Provide advance market setup for tour dates coming through assigned market, attend shows, and provide recaps.
- Cross promote and coordinate events with Universal Music artists and 3rdparty lifestyle brands
- Pitch artists’ content for College Media (press/radio/blogs) coverage and placement.
- Scout & submit musical talent for Universal signing consideration
- Must be able to work 20 hours per week
- Attend shows coming through assigned market
- Brand marketing experience a plus
- A&R (Artist & Repertoire) experience a plus
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Outgoing creative thinker
- Online social networking skills required
- Ties with school organizations and activities preferred
- Knowledge and passion of multiple musical genres
- Strong work ethic and marketing skills required
- College Enrollment with a minimum of at least two years (four semesters) left before anticipated graduation date required
- Must have access to reliable transportation, computer and a camera to document work
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.