Manager, Royalty Audit
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world’s leading music company. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audio-visual content in more than 60 countries. Our vast catalogue of recordings and songs stretches back over a century and comprises the largest, most diverse and culturally rich collection of music ever assembled. Knowing that music, a powerful force for good in the world, is unique in its ability to inspire people and bring them together, we work with our artist and employees to serve our communities. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs. Together, we are UMG, the Universal Music Group.
UMG is currently seeking to fill the role of an Manager, Royalty Audits in our Audit group. In this role, you will be working with our royalty audit team researching, responding and settling audit claims.
This position affords the right candidate exposure to all aspects of music audits and many key players in the business space. The right candidate will have a background in law, passion for music and be hungry to learn and grow in the business of music.
- Oversee the audit process for incoming artist and copyright audit claims for selected UMG labels
- Analyse audit reports and confirm auditor’s calculations
- Review artist contracts, copyright licenses, correspondence, statements, reports and other pertinent documents to determine validity of claims
- Draft written responses to audit claims
- Assist in audit settlement negotiations
- Liaison with Business Affairs, Litigation and Finance departments
- Strong quantitative, analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to multi-task
- Must be able to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Access a plus
- 5 years of royalty or accounting experience in the music or entertainment industry
- Four year college degree in Business, Accounting or Finance
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.