New Business Intern
Job title: New Business Intern
Responsible to: SVP New Business
Department: Universal Music Group and Brands
Location of work: Kensington Village, London (moving to Kings Cross Summer 2018)
Main Purpose of Role
We are currently looking for an intern to integrate into the central New Business team. This candidate will primarily focus on supporting Universal Music Group & Brands innovation / new projects activities and the central team on more general matters.
Within the Brand Partnership division of Universal Music Group, you will join an international team of 5-people specializing in Business Development and Innovation/Diversification and will be responsible for the following tasks including:
- Day to day countries support (focus on Europe, Asia, MENA and South Africa) – project follow up, support to best practices creation, creative concepts formulation.
- Bench-marking, market research and analysis, collating competition intelligence (entertainment sector, new products and technologies) with the aim of identifying diversification opportunities.
- Researching and identifying potential partners/sectors products at international scale.
- Supporting UMG&B central and local teams in project management tasks.
- Designing marketing and commercial offers for UMG&B central and local teams.
- Participating in strategic thinking about new projects development.
- Support team members in their day to day duties, logistics and coordination.
- You will be a recent graduate and have attended High-level marketing / business schools or equivalent.
- You will be native or fluent in English.
- You will have the ability to create clear, structured, and visually compelling PowerPoint presentations.
- You will be proficient in MS Pack Office and Internet searches.
- You will have excellent analytical and research skills.
- You will have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- You will have the ability to prioritize, work to tight deadlines and have a strong sense of initiative.
- You will have a passion for the music / entertainment, mobile and Internet sectors
- You will be dynamic, autonomous, a team player, have excellent relational skills and the ability to work under pressure
- You have both analytical skills and a capacity for synthesis
- Your perseverance, rigor and creativity will help you master and improve the projects you will be working on
Diversity and Inclusion
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.