We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
UMG is currently seeking to fill the role of Royalty Analyst. In this role, you will be assisting our International Royalty Department in preparing & analyzing royalty statements.
- Set up domestic releases in accordance with Inter Company License Agreement
- Prepare and submit requested data per daily inquiries in a timely manner
- Analyze monthly Top Seller reports for Month-End
- Create Royalty Reports for processing quarterly sales
- Liaise with Royalty teams in foreign countries
- Upload entries into SAP
- Process sales from licensee royalty statements
- Assist manager with Audit & Litigation research
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision with overtime as needed
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize high work volume
- Must be organized and detailed oriented
- Highly motivated and with a desire to work in a team environment
- Able to communicate with professionals at all levels
- Type 40 WPM and 10-key by touch required
- Overtime as required
- Preferably 2 years of experience in Royalty accounting or related area
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Able to work with large data sets. Microsoft Access knowledge a plus
- Familiarity with TRACS a plus
- Familiarity with royalty contracts and royalty calculations
- Music Industry knowledge a plus
- 4-year college degree preferably in Music Business, Accounting or minimum of 14 units of Accounting required
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.