Job Title: Mailroom manager
Reporting to: Senior Property Services Manager
Department: Facilities Management
Location: 4 St Pancras Square, Kings Cross
4 Pancras Square, the new home of Universal Music, has a newly branded division: Property Services. The building is occupied primarily by Universal Music Group, Vivendi and Studiocanal and it’s our mission is to deliver a dynamic and innovative service that goes above and beyond to meet their needs. We deliver a 5-star hotel service to staff and visitors alike, thinking in proactive and creative ways to drive value and service within a fun and creative environment.
We are looking for someone who is outgoing, professional and interested in joining a fun and collaborative team. Integrity, service delivery and team work are what drives us. But, we don’t just work hard. Having fun together is also at the heart of what we do. The team has responsibility for UK property services and is working to become a recognized brand that strives to create new standards for the company globally.
- Manage and motivate the mailroom team, maintaining outstanding team performance, ensuring appropriate cover in the event of holiday and sickness absence and minimizing staff turnover.
- Proactively recruit qualified staff including the recruitment of an experienced mail room team leader and operatives.
- Undertake regular appraisal and development meetings with staff, managing all staff performance and any noncompliance.
- Prepare bespoke training plans, ensure all staff are cross trained and encourage staff to take a pro-active approach to their own development.
- Ensure all vendor invoices/feed-files are produced and processed correctly and promptly.
- Manage Mailroom budget/spend.
- Complete bench-marking of all vendor costs at agreed intervals.
- Analyse all areas for potential cost savings and present to senior management at agreed intervals.
- Report on all service delivery breakdowns and missed service level agreements.
- Seek and deliver continuous service improvement, managing team and vendor performance to ensure outstanding five-star service.
- Ensure all vendor contracts are set-up, renewed at the end of the contractual term and relevant SLAs are managed.
- Undertake programmed inspections and audits on service delivery and drive the removal of all non-compliances and non-conformities.
- Be a customer service champion, proactively promoting exceptional service standards, habits and methods.
- Manage a customer service reward scheme.
- Build a strong relationship with all stakeholders based upon openness and mutual trust.
- Attend regular meetings with management to ensure service delivery satisfaction and discuss development of future services.
- Implement detailed procedures, systems and policies to manage mailroom workflows and staff efficiently.
- Ensure all procedures, systems and policies are maintained and updated annually.
- Follow and maintain relevant quality management systems, including development, maintenance and implementation of continuous improvement procedures.
- Manage all sub-contractor and third-party suppliers.
- Monitor and analyse trends in post/courier volumes and spend.
- Monitor suppliers output and service on a monthly basis.
- Plan and organise mailroom space, Sourcing all mailroom furniture and equipment.
- Set-up an outgoing personal mail and courier service using preferential business rates.
- Negotiate and set-up new mail and courier accounts with the correct balance between service delivery and cost effectiveness.
- Ensure all health and safety policies are developed, maintained and implemented as required, taking responsibility for all health and safety planning, including risk assessments, PPE and health and safety plans.
- Monitor the working environment for all teams and be actively involved in quality, health, safety and environmental matters.
- Ensure procedures for the safe handling of suspect and hazardous packages/items are followed.
- Provide out of hours support to ensure any issues are responded to and dealt with in a prompt and timely manner.
- Prior experience of mailroom workflow management.
- Demonstrable success in vendor management.
- Outstanding record of staff management and development.
- Previous experience in mailroom design and space management.
- Successful track record of budget management.
- Record of first class customer service.
- Leadership and mentoring.
- People management.
- Communication, team-working and ability to drive team improvement.
- Professionalism, organization and commercial and financial management skills.
- Service improvement and innovation.
- IT and reporting.
- Relevant health and safety training and accreditations.
Diversity and Inclusion
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.