NA Administration Services Manager - Copyright
UMPG are looking for a highly motivated person experienced at supervising people, the role is responsible for the day to day management of team co-ordinator and administrators and the Copyright tasks and activities performed by North American administration on behalf of UMP NA business functions including, timely agreement data entry, the analysis and correction of data errors with the aim of improving data quality.
Manage all Copyright tasks and activities that cover the end to end administration value chain, assigning to team co-ordinators and administrators based upon knowledge and experience, ensuring the successful delivery to internal and external clients.
Working in partnership with the co-Team Manager to proactively deliver on key milestones, timelines and as necessary implement new ways of improving data quality and administration services. This position will provide important support to the Senior Director NA Admin, Director of Copyright and Royalty to implementing global standards, performance metrics and service levels. The position reports to the Director Copyright NA Admin Services.
- Actively perform and support the NA Administration Team Co-ordinators and administration team to deliver the end to end value chain for the royalty and copyright administration functions, including Copyright:
- Agreement data entry and maintenance
- Foreign/Domestic LoD’s
- Film and TV
- Data clean-up projects
- Copyright query management
- Organise resources, allocate asks and set priorities for the NA Administration team co-ordinators and administrators
- Supervise the Jira workflow for the NA Administration team
- Manage and minimise backlogs across data entry for individual team members, setting clear objectives and goals
- Through active involvement support team members by answering questions, problem resolution and monitoring performance
- Collaborate effectively with the other team managers to manage the team to achieve a consistently high performance
- Deliver agreed internal service levels
- Ensure the administration team adhere to the agreed processes in order to deliver efficiencies
- As requested report volume and performance metrics data to actively monitor performance
- Provide support to the Tracking and Analytics team, including research
- Liaise, research and answer requests from the internal business teams, Business Affairs, A&R, Finance, Film & TV
- Research and answer requests from external parties, writers, managers and collection societies
- Work as an active and contributory member of the NA Administration Team, participate in the development of on-going service improvements, data standards, workflow and process flow modifications and document file maintenance
- Ad hoc projects and responsibilities as required
- Effectively monitoring and manage performance issues
- The ability to work on a day to day basis with minimal daily direction and self-manage a team through individual tasks and priorities
- Ability to create and build individual and team work plans, project plans, setting goals and meeting targets
- Follows through on open issues though to resolution, meets deadlines in an efficient and effective way
- Promote a customer orientated culture improving client service and relations
- Excellent MS Office skills, particularly Excel, data management as well as extraction of data from customized systems
- Experience in the music publishing industry is important but not required
- Experience of running a team and the setting of timelines and priorities
- Experience at performing research and answering request from internal and external clients
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.