Administrative Assistant, Corporate Services - CCMG
This position exists to provide administrative and operational support to the Chief Financial Officer and other Corporate Services leaders by prioritizing daily and weekly calendar events, planning meetings, travel, and correspondence. In addition, this position assists in the planning and purchasing of capital expenditures, travel approvals, and facility office moves.
- Duties as Assistant to the CFO
- Assist the CFO in scheduling meetings and providing agendas along with other support as required inclusive of answering the phone, setting up conference calls, and any other administrative objectives that may arise
- Schedule, plan and coordinate all travel arrangements for the CFO and other department heads as needed including the preparation and tracking of expense reports
- Proactively schedule and maintain strategic plan updates and performance assessment meetings for all direct reports to the CFO
- Maintain and approve vacation and other requested time off for direct reports
- Help plan and coordinate events as needed for the departments of the CFO and CCMG as a whole
- Liaison on behalf of the CFO and divisional leadership to staff members and other outside individuals
- Create an environment of trust and reliability with staff members and other outside individuals so they feel their requests and needs are being addressed in an efficient manner
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality
- Duties as Purchasing Coordinator
- Proactively manage the preparation and administration of the capital expenditure budgeting and purchasing process.
- Work closely with the IT and Facility teams to ensure new purchases are tagged and recorded in the fixed asset inventory log
- Preparation of Request for Proposals (RFPs) for all goods and services as required. Research benchmark pricing and negotiate one-off pricing where possible.
- Manage and negotiate purchasing contacts and other projects as assigned.
- Monitor both UMG and local standards programs to comply with any UMG guidelines
- Monitor preferred vendors for compliance
- Other Duties
- Support CCMG Management as needed in the planning and execution of internal and external office and facility moves.
- Prepare, track, and distribute various reports as needed (e.g., Issued Checks, Month End Financials, Expense reports, etc.)
- Monitor travel approvals for the CFO, reconcile selected credit card reports for the accounting department, and assist with internal travel questions for labels
- Serve as backup for the Executive Assistant to the CEO as needed
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Proficient Computer Skills (Office 365, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Detail oriented and organized with strong proofreading skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to carry out tasks with limited supervision
- Ability to adapt in an environment where change is constant
- Effective written and verbal communicator
- Mature / Role Model for other administrative staff
- At least 4 years of relevant experience
- A 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.