Coordinator, Marketing A&R
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audio-visual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Interscope Geffen A&M Records (“IGA”) is home to some of the biggest artists in the world including: U2, Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, Lady Gaga, and many more. As a leader in the music industry, we are always looking for talented and driven individuals to join our family.
IGA is currently searching for a Coordinator, Marketing A&R. The candidate for this job must help conceive, communicate, and execute innovative consumer product and brand marketing strategies for simultaneous priority projects.
- Manage and maintain calendar; coordinate schedules of artist and executives.
- Answer phones, take clear messages and transfer calls.
- Schedule meetings & book conference rooms.
- Book business travel.
- Maintain commitments, invoice, travel and showcase books.
- Prepare and distribute individual project status reports and spreadsheets.
- Assist in implementing extensive advertising campaigns.
- Analyse data on both signed and unsigned artists.
- Liaise with A&R administration to coordinate delivery of assets, create budgets, book and attend studio sessions, and scout perspective talent.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including prioritization and follow through
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong editorial/proofreading skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Ability to understand marketing data and trends
- Passion for music
- Be Creative
- 1-2 years of experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.