We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Bravado International Group is the only global, 360 degree full service merchandise company, develops and markets high-quality licensed merchandise to a world-wide audience. The company works closely with new and established entertainment clients, creating innovative products carefully tailored to each artist or brand. Product is sold on live tours, via selected retail outlets and through Web-based stores. Bravado also licenses rights to an extensive network of third-party licensees around the world. The company maintains offices in London, Los Angeles, New York, Berlin, Paris, Tokyo and Sydney. Under the Universal Music Group umbrella, Bravado is able to leverage a global sales and distribution network from the world’s largest record company, as well as the group’s significant marketing strength.
The Production Manager will be an essential part of Bravado team, helping to drive margin and leverage merchandise needs. This position will report directly to the Director of Production.
Duties assigned will included, but are not limited to:
- Develop time and action calendars to present to sales and creative for new product needs
- Work collaboratively with the cross-functional stakeholders to develop a final assortment that is executable in production
- Manage any required fabric, blank, and trim procurement; keeping library of fabrics
- Cost engineer to meet P&L requirements
- Work with Planning team and forecasting for key vendors in production
- Vendor management to drive SOP
- Negotiate costing with vendors across multiple programs to help drive margin improvement and review P&L with upper management
- Monitor production status of all programs – from sample development to order placement and shipment.
- Manage retail compliance, including quality and vendor manuals
- Management of production timelines, reviewing reports and recommending solutions to exceptions
- 5-7 years of experience in production (cut & sew)
- Strong costing and negotiation skills; cost engineering
- Detail oriented with strong follow through - able to organize and prioritize multiple projects
- Knowledge and understanding of fabrics, construction and print techniques
- Extensive experience in working with factories overseas
- Brand & Account management; Retail experience a Plus
- Exceptional Microsoft Suite proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), ERP, PLM a Plus.
- Ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Strong Critical Thinking and Problem-Solving skills
- Excellent communicator with the ability to build and maintain relationships
- Bachelor’s degree
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.