Digital Strategy Executive (6-month contract)
Are you fascinated by the global explosion of music streaming? Do you spend more time than you’d like to admit perfecting your collection of playlists?
Universal Music is on the hunt for a superstar Digital Strategy Executive to support the Digital Strategy team on a 6-month contract! The lucky candidate will relish the opportunity to work in what is no doubt, one of the most exciting areas of the music business and will assist with implementing social marketing and branding playlist strategies for our artists.
WHERE is this amazing, one-of-a-kind opportunity based, you ask? Well, we don’t wanna brag, but our ridiculously awesome office is in the heart of Sydney and has million-dollar Harbour views...
Here’s the gist -
- Curate and optimise the Universal Music playlists across all digital services.
- Develop and execute the playlist marketing strategy using social content and digital advertising tactics.
- Act as an integral member of the Digital Strategy team with the ability to provide ideas for marketing opportunities, account management and administrative support.
- Work closely with the local and international teams on industry news, reporting and chart/playlist updates.
- Filter and interpret business updates/data to circulate to wider Commercial team and digital business partners when required.
- Collaborate with internal departments to explore new streaming/marketing opportunities in the content, advertising, social and creative space.
- Keep all playlists up-to-date and relevant in line with company priorities.
- Assist with other ad-hoc duties and special projects when required.
The superstar profile -
- You are completely and utterly obsessed with all things music and our labels!
- You have experience in playlisting and curating music across digital services.
- You are excited by technical and music industry developments.
- You have an impeccable eye for detail and outstanding organisation.
- You are the perfect balance of creative, commercial and analytical.
- You’re a Microsoft Office super user and also a nerd for learning new systems. You may have basic experience in Photoshop or video editing software.
- You get along with all kinds of different people, collaboration is key.
- You’re not looking for a typical 9-5 job!
If the above sounds like you, and you have experience in relevant, transitioning industries, please follow the link to apply. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world’s leading music and entertainment organisation, incorporating recorded music, music publishing and artist merchandise activities. The Group discovers, develops, markets and distributes recorded music through a network of subsidiaries, joint ventures and licensees in 77 countries worldwide.
The Group’s strength and legacy of music flows from a diverse family of music labels with rosters comprising some of the world’s most influential and legendary music artists; The Rolling Stones, Bob Marley, Justin Bieber, Kanye West, Ariana Grande, Florence + The Machine, Lady Gaga and Selena Gomez – just to name a few!