We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Def Jam Records, is currently looking for a Coordinator to provide support to the Promotions department. This role is heavily focused on Finance, and the ideal candidate will feel comfortable managing finances while maintaining compliance procedures.
- Code and process all invoices for video department
- Manage quarterly promotion budget requests, transfers, and complete budget oversight for all radio formats
- Log requests, create requisitions, and process PO & invoices
- Set up vendors in the system whilst working alongside with the Finance Department
- Work with EVP of Promotion to manage budgets across all formats
- Daily outreach to vendors for finance resolution
- Follow up with A/P on invoices and rush payments
- Process purchase orders in Uniport
- Provide administrative support to the EVP of Rhythm/Lifestyle, SVP of Promotion and Regional Staff
- Assist with radio-related artist appearances, performances, and interviews in the NYC region
- Answer heavy phones, maintain calendars, book travel and assist with daily operations
- Book meetings/boardrooms and schedule outside meetings (reservations, etc.)
- Actively work with executives and cross-country regionals/nationals, in promotional items distribution, contest winner travel, radio personnel travel, ticket allocation, and artist promotion tour routing
- Delegate compliance between radio stations, regionals, nationals; gathering NYAG approvals, compliance letters, and assisting in compliance training
- Create, log and submit expense reports
- Create weekly promotion reports including airplay updates, sales, streams, Shazam, etc.
- Pull daily custom BDS and Mediabase airplay reports
- Utilize Nielsen Soundscan and Insight to pull sales reports to be sent out to the department
- Create and maintain current station lists for the Top 40, Urban, AAA and Modern Rock formats
- Act as a hub for the department’s music priorities and have on-hand whenever a staff member needs
- Send music to BDS and Mediabase for encoding in their database
- Organize and coordinate the shipment of CDs and other product to staff, radio, and VIPS according to the release schedule and promotion plan
- Work with the SVP, VPs, Regional Directors, and various radio Promotion Directors to coordinate/manage nationwide promotions and contests across all radio
- Submit music videos through DMDS systems to various networks
- Working knowledge of Mediabase, BDS, Nielsen Soundscan, Insight and DMDS
- Experience in All Access, Billboard, Uniport, eTA, Spotify and iTunes a plus
- Strong knowledge in the Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
- Must have excellent speaking, writing, spelling and typing skills
- Proven ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, responding to issues promptly with a strong orientation toward customer service and teamwork
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including prioritization and follow through
- Detail oriented/strong ability to multi-task
- Must have a sense of urgency/willingness to work quickly and efficiently
- Able to comfortably converse with all levels from both within and outside the company
- Good relationship building skills
- Self-starter and proactive
- 1-2 years of administrative assistant experience
- Bachelor’s degree
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.