Are you interested in working in the music industry? Would you like to help develop unique and clever ways to drive the music industry into the future using data driven insights?
The Sales Analysis Coordinator will support the business analysis group through the collection, organization, and analysis of pertinent data. Reports will be created, distributed and interpreted to enhance and measure current strategies, business models and sales/marketing campaigns.
The ideal candidate should have experience in data analysis, with a solid understanding (or an eagerness to learn) the business models that are currently revolutionizing digital and subscription-based media. Candidates should be complete wizards in Excel & PowerPoint. History with SQL, Tableau, DOMO, or other data manipulation / visualization platforms is a plus.
- Develop concise and accurate reports to measure success of business initiatives
- Identify future sales opportunities
- Develop statistical tools for analysis that will enhance business efforts
- Gather and utilize internal UMG data as well as retail data
- Perform retail analysis to support advertising and program spending
- Manage data for reporting and distribution to appropriate audience (labels, UMG, customers)
- Understanding of statistics, mathematical formulas, analytical process and customer service
- Ability to understand how reports are generated and consumed
- Ability to communicate the meaning of data analysis and their relationship to current business strategies
- Attention to detail
- Strong product knowledge
- Superior knowledge of digital account providers and digital music/entertainment business
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with relational database reporting tools, SQL & Google Big Query a plus
- Strong ability to analyze data, identify issues and generate solutions
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree required (Finance, Economics, Mathematics, or Statistics related preferred)
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.