Senior Manager, A&R Administration
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audio-visual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
We are seeking a highly motivated, well organized team member for our A&R Administration department located in NY. This person is responsible for the administration of recording budgets, including invoice processing, and will manage all financial facets of the recording process from artist signing to record release.
- Liaison for artist representatives on all aspects of the recording process
- Work with A&R and artist management to prepare recording budgets within contractual constraints
- Monitor project spending and provide timely and accurate analysis
- Enter and open Purchase Orders for all costs associated with the recording budget including studio, engineer, travel, etc.
- Review, code and process recording invoices
- Interact with the Accounts Payable team to ensure invoices are expedited
- Processing of all union contracts for both AFM & SAG/AFTRA
- Perform data entry into the newly-launched StudioHub system
- Running reports from Uniport and SAP
Financial Systems (On Job Training)
- Answer inquiries from vendors regarding payments
- Maintain various reports and spreadsheets
- Self-starter with the ability to also interact with a team
- Demonstrates impeccable organizational skills and attention to detail
- Possesses a thorough understanding of the recording process and a basic understanding of recording costs and budgeting
- Ability to multi-task effectively, prioritize, and to work accurately under pressure of deadlines with frequent interruptions - a sense of urgency is a must
- Employs follow-through and persistence to achieve goals
- Comfortable communicating with all levels of senior management
- Excellent writing skills and phone manner
- 2-4 years music industry experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.