Head of Legal
Job title: Head of Legal – Maternity Cover
Reporting to: CFO & COO
Department: Eagle Rock Entertainment
Location of work: Wandsworth Town
Main Purpose of Role:
- Managing and overseeing all legal & business affairs in relation to the production, acquisition and distribution of audio-visual music programming.
- Building key relationships and influencing high profile stakeholders on a worldwide basis.
- Providing guidance and advice to CEO, CFO and COO on deal strategy and structure.
- Drafting and negotiating a wide variety of contracts and agreements in connection with the acquisition of rights and audio-visual content with artists, production companies and television broadcasters.
- Drafting and negotiating a wide variety of licensing and distribution agreements for theatrical, television broadcast, non-theatrical and digital releases.
- Liaising with key departments in order to manage programme releases and format release windows.
- Managing the legal & business affairs team.
- Working closely with UMG Senior Management on audio visual deals and acquisitions.
- Managing external counsel & overseeing any litigation and disputes.
- 6+ PQE/Head of Legal
- Management Experience
- Production/Audio Visual Media Background
- Distribution, Digital, New Media, Film & TV Experience
- Music Background/Experience
Diversity and Inclusion:
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.
Universal Music Job Description1