Assistant Manager - Digital
Universal Music Group is the world’s leading music-based entertainment company, representing some of the most influential artists around the globe, including Sam Smith, Ariana Grande and Maroon 5 (just to name a few!). In Korea, Universal is home to local sensations including DEAN, SAAY and 1415.
Our Commercial team in Korea has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Manager - Digital to drive sales and other opportunities for the world's largest music catalogue. Working with Streaming & Digital Business Partners, the successful candidate will provide insights and trends to the business to identify revenue generating opportunities and strategies across our digital platforms.
The ideal candidate should be analytical and inquisitive, with a good understanding of the innovative business models that are transforming music consumption.
Summary of the Position:
- Develop in depth insights and analysis of local and global music business trends.
- Identify and drive opportunities for content monetization across digital partner platforms.
- Handle structuring of digital deals, conduct deal feasibility, manage negotiations and support key decision making.
- Develop and maintain strong and effective relationships with streaming partners, digital platforms, curators and playlisters.
- Collaborate with the wider business to ensure strategies are consistent and aligned with Global and local best practices.
- Support commercial legal processes and requirements when required.
- Previous experience working within entertainment, media, digital music platform or other related field.
- Strong skills in commercial and financial modeling. Advanced Excel proficiency required.
- Highly numerate with the ability to build analyses from a variety of data sources.
- Excellent communication, presentation and influencing skills.
- Full proficiency in Korean and English.
Does analyzing data to discover hidden insights about the way we all love, listen, and interact with music make you excited? If you answered yes, please apply today!
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.