Content Development Representative
Universal Music Group is currently seeking College & Lifestyle Marketing Representatives in New York City, Los Angeles, and San Francisco specializing in Content Development. The College Marketing Reps play an extremely important role in the development of Universal Music’s emerging artists as well as some of the most well-known artists in the music industry today. The ideal candidate not only has top notch videography and editing skills, but is a key tastemaker that is heavily involved in many campus and community activities.
The College & Lifestyle Marketing Rep position is an incredible way to learn the landscape of the music business, and, most importantly, gain real marketing and content development experience while still in college.
APPLICANTS MUST BE CURRENTLY ENROLLED IN COLLEGE WITH AN EXPECTED GRADUATION DATE NO SOONER THAN MAY 2019 & PROVIDE A LINK TO THEIR CONTENT REEL ON THEIR RESUME!
- Work with UMG labels and the College & Lifestyle team to conceive and create engaging video content that targets the 18-24 demographic.
- Content may include live performance footage, interviews with artists, personality pieces, original series, and more to be packaged for artist websites, social media channels, media placement, and more.
- Establish relationships with activity committees, on-campus clubs, influential leaders, trendsetters and tastemakers in order to secure outlets for artist marketing ideas, events and programs
- Pitch artists’ content for College Media (press/radio/blogs) coverage and placement.
- Submit treatments and ideas for music videos or creative short form content
- Document/shoot on campus activities such as artist speaking engagements, live performances, and activations
- Must be able to work 20 hours per week
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Attend shows and events coming through assigned market
- Outgoing creative thinker
- Ties with school organizations and the local creative community is essential to this role
- Knowledge and passion of multiple musical genres
- Must have film/editing skills and access to equipment/software
- Online social networking skills required
- Strong work ethic and marketing skills required
- College Enrolment with a minimum 1.5 years (three semesters) left before anticipated graduation date required
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.