We are UMG, Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to support executives in the Consumer Engagement department. The ideal candidate is very efficient and highly detail-oriented with a “can-do” attitude. Multi-tasking and calmly executing responsibilities in a high-pressure environment is crucial. No task is too small and no challenge is too great.
Responsible for providing high-touch administrative support to the UMG Consumer Engagement team’s executives as well as light office management support for the Consumer Engagement team based in New York. This will include, but not limited to:
- Maintaining high-demand schedules and calendars
- Answering phone lines and screening calls
- Completing (sometimes complex) expense reports on a timely basis
- Arranging and managing international and domestic travel
- Scheduling meetings and conference calls for individuals and large groups
- Regular meeting prep and coordination including food ordering, document prep and organization as directed, occasional note taking
- Act as the lead to use information provided by executives to create presentations
- Light support to operations teams if needed
- Proactive self-starter, comfortable in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong ability to anticipate and solve issues independently
- Ability to interact comfortably with all levels of an organization
- Flexible and able to adjust to changing priorities and able to multi-task
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Minimum 1-year professional experience
- Experience supporting more than one senior executive is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.