Assistant Studio Manager
Provide administrative and customer service support for Capitol Studios & Mastering Reporting to VP of Studios and General manager. Project a professional and service-oriented image through direct in-person and phone interaction with clients and potential clients in a high-pressure environment. Work to increase sales while initiating more exposure of Capitol Studios to the music and entertainment community.
- Responsible for working with VP of Studios and directly managing the scheduling and keeping Studio Calendar current on a daily basis. This refers to:
- Studios schedules (Google Cal.) Studio A, B, C, D and E.
- Engineering staff schedules.
- Set up staff schedule
- Technical staff schedules.
- Inform and update technical staff of session special needs.
- Assist in all required documentation for COI (certificate of Insurance), location agreements, licensing, for film shoots, showcases, Capitol Seminars, etc.
- Work with Office Assistant on setting up new client accounts
- Oversee coordination of department meetings, conferences, and travel and expense
- reports for VP of Studios.
- Studios Internal / External Billing
- E-mailing draft copy of charges to clients for approval and confirmation of
- payment method.
- Collect additional billing information. i.e. Rentals, piano tuning.
- Process to final invoice and process credit card charges in conjunction with the office assistant.
- Work in liaison with Finance team setting up new accounts and maintaining
- credit card log.
- Parking liaison of client designated parking.
- Responsible for Accounts Payable duties as needed and with support from Finance.
- Sending invoices to accounts payable and answering vendor queries when possible. This would pertain to:
- Equipment rentals internal and external.
- Piano tuning.
- Other miscellaneous client request prior to a session.
- Manage office staff and operations when Vice President of Studios is out of office.
- Leadership skills/People management
- Understanding of entertainment media assets
- Understanding of the major label music business
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work independently
- Recording studio and label experience preferred
- BA in relevant field or equivalent work experience
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.