Job title: Finance Analyst
Responsible to: Finance Director
Department: Abbey Road Studios, Finance
Location of work: Abbey Road Studios, St John’s Wood
Main Purpose of the Role
To provide financial and administrative support to the Finance Director and business support to the Studio Managers at Abbey Road Studios.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Authorisation and approval of budgets, purchase orders and expenses in the purchasing system.
- Dealing with supplier queries regarding payments.
- Controlling level of unpaid invoices by liaising with Accounts Payable and departmental staff regarding any queries.
- Providing financial coding to the central finance teams.
- Main point of contact on internal recharges between Abbey Road and Universal (head office)
Management Reporting & Analysis
- Participate, as part of the finance department, in preparation of the following:
- Monthly management accounts.
- Month end journal preparation.
- Month end balance sheet reconciliations.
- Monthly internal management reports and head office reporting.
- Quarterly internal management reporting for the UK Board
- Update and maintain internal reporting system including updating actual, forecasts & budgets.
- Assistance with KPI Reporting for the Retail Store
- Preparation of quarterly royalty statements to head office
- Assistance with annual auditors queries
- Ad hoc analysis and reports as requested by the Finance Director.
General Finance duties
- To upkeep and maintain the general ledger.
- Arrange urgent manual cheques and immediate transfers as required.
- Banking of cash and reconciliations on a weekly basis
- Clearing the disbursement and other ledger accounts monthly including fixed assets
- Main point of contact between IT and the business regarding setting up new starters, granting systems access to staff.
- Responsible for the post and general queries with other finance team members.
- To ensure all work is completed accurately and on time
- Providing internal support and training for supplier invoicing system
- Point of contact for finance reporting on the internal bookings system
- Main point of contact for ongoing development and support of financial reporting systems held internally and within head office
- Proven experience working in finance.
- Enthusiastic, with an interest in working in music/media.
- Numerate with a good attention to detail – used to working with financial data.
- Experience of journal preparation and balance sheet reconciliation.
- Strong IT skills: Essential – Excel (pivot tables, complex formulas and VBA)
- An interest in developing Excel skills to an advanced level.
- Team player, good at building professional relationships.
- A good communicator across all levels of the business.
- Able to manage and prioritise own workload in an often-pressurised environment.
- IT skills: Hyperion, HFM and MS Access adantageous
- A Business/Finance graduate or part qualified Accountant
Diversity and Inclusion
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.