We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
We are currently seeking to fill the role of Artist Royalty Analyst. In this role, you will be assisting our artist royalty team in preparing and analysing artist accounts to ensure that we are accurately reporting royalties to artists and third parties in accordance with the applicable agreements and licenses.
This position affords the right candidate exposure to all aspects of royalty reporting and many key players in the business space. The right candidate will have a passion for music and be hungry to learn and grow in the business of music.
- Analyse and brief artist contracts for royalty obligations
- Process and set up artist product in accordance with artist contracts
- Review and administer royalty statements
- Monthly review of detailed royalty revenue and expense reports
- Create and maintain detailed management reports (i.e. artist profiles)
- Assist with daily inquiries in a timely manner
- Assist with month-end tasks
- Perform other related duties and special projects as needed
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Must be able to prioritize work
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure in fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Excel and Access knowledge of One Note a plus
- 3-5 years Royalty experience preferred
- Experience with recording contracts
- Four-year college degree in Business, Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.