We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
UMG is currently seeking to fill the role of Royalty Analyst in our Audit group. In this role, you will be assisting our Royalty Audit team in preparing for, analyzing and responding to various artist and copyright royalty audits to ensure that we are accurately reporting royalties to artists and publishers in accordance with the applicable agreements and licenses.
This position affords the right candidate exposure to all aspects of royalty reporting and many key players in the business space. The right candidate will have a passion for music and be hungry to learn and grow in the business of music.
- Provide audit support for incoming artist and copyright audit claims.
- Gather and provide reports and documents to external auditors to support the audit process.
- Analyze audit claims and confirm auditor’s calculations.
- Review artist contracts, copyright licenses, correspondence, statements, reports and other pertinent documents to determine validity of claims.
- Assist in the preparation of responses.
- Maintain audit files.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Must be able to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Access a plus
- Experience with recording contracts and royalty accounting a plus
- Four-year college degree in Business, Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.