Job title: Data Assistant
Responsible to: Senior Manager Archives & Asset Management
Location of work: West Thamesmead
Main Purpose of the role:
The Data Assistant will be responsible for the following:
- Assisting in the data indexing project for the UMG Physical Asset Archive. As well as creating/updating/correcting data records on the company indexing system.
- Ensuring data records are fully and accurately completed, including the Artist and Track details.
- Supporting the asset preservation programme at our on-site music studios. This will involve correcting/updating/indexing data.
- Conducting in-depth research work to aid ongoing projects. This will include investigating artists and their recordings/repertoire, including released and unreleased material, recording dates/venues etc.
- Indexing items to ensure the correct identification of formats, including all film types, video tapes, analogue audio tapes, digital audio, encoded formats, vinyl, CD, MC, computer media/hard drives, supporting documentation (mixer diagram, etc.)
- General assistance in the office- including everyday handling/moving of items, as well as some heavy lifting of items (crates).
- Ability to manage own workload and maintain a steady level of productivity.
- Data entry, data systems experience.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Good attention to detail, ability to work accurately and efficiently.
- Ability to work within a close team environment, flexible to cover other duties as/when they arise.
- Ability to read and write other languages, such as German or French.
- Knowledge of classical music and repertoire.
- Previous Librarian or research experience.
- Knowledge of music and video tapes/recording and work in a music or video studio.
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.
Diversity and Inclusion
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age