We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to support two departments at UMG: Global Revenue & Royalties Optimization and Global Royalty - Claiming & Monetization. The ideal candidate will come from Music or Entertainment and have previous experience supporting a high-level executive. Must be very efficient and highly detail-oriented; multi-tasking and working on tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment is crucial. No task is too small and no challenge too great. A “can-do” attitude and passion for the music industry are essential.
- Primary Responsibilities
- Arrange meetings and conference calls via telephone and email
- Cover phone lines and manage/update calendars
- Coordinate and prioritize incoming verbal and email requests
- Book travel, accommodations, & car services
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of artist roster, employees, and important external contacts
- Work closely with other executive assistants and occasionally cover their phone lines
- Manage the offices
- Exercise discretion when patching calls, rolling calls, and interrupting meetings
- Proactively prepare the executives for meetings
- Greet meeting participants & arrange tours
- Order and set-up food service for meetings
- Promptly address any IT issues
- Handle administrative duties
- Process travel & entertainment expenses
- Create and send grammatically/punctually correct internal/external company communication
- Archive and organize emails by topic and keep apprised of ongoing deals
- Create and maintain presentations and other projects as assigned
- Track vacation for salaried employees
- Order office supplies, make restaurant reservations, and approve expenses
- Operational tasks
- Maintain logs of action items and manage follow up
- Take effective meeting notes
- Basic analysis of rights and repertoire data
- Pull reports from various systems on an as-needed basis
- Ad hoc rights management tasks, including identifying YouTube and Facebook content
- Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees of our company at all levels including Senior Management, as well as external contacts
- Self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
- Flexible – able to adjust to changing priorities, and able to multi-task
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong proficiency in and working knowledge of Outlook and other Microsoft Office Products, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Minimum 3 years of experience supporting a high-level executive with discretion and confidentiality.
- Experience supporting more than one senior executive is preferred.
- Music or entertainment experience is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of YouTube, Facebook content management systems, a plus
- Knowledge of rights management and music copyright, a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.