Human Resources Intern
Universal Music Group is the world leader in music-based entertainment, with a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. Featuring the most comprehensive catalog of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMG identifies and develops artists and produces and distributes the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the world. Committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship, UMG fosters the development of services, platforms and business models in order to broaden artistic and commercial opportunities for our artists and create new experiences for fans.
The UMG Internship Program is designed to provide hands-on experience and exposure to a career in the music entertainment industry. We are currently looking for a Summer Intern to join us at our Santa Monica, CA office.
- Assist in scheduling interviews
- Coordinating travel schedules
- Communicating with Recruiters, Hiring Managers, and Candidates for alignment
- Managing and tracking the scheduling process in our applicant tracking system (Jobvite)
- Timely follow-up to ensure the process moves forward
- Additional duties as needed
- Specific interest and/or coursework in Human Resources or Organizational Development.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Organized with the ability to multi-task
- Strong customer service skills
- Positive attitude
- Takes initiative
- Creative, collaborative, and flexible
- Must be a student currently enrolled at an accredited college or university
- Exceptional computer, written and verbal communication skills
- Should have at least sophomore year standing
- Must be able to legally work in the United States
Out of State Applicants
Housing/relocation will NOT be provided by UMG for students applying to internship positions outside of their state of residence.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.