Main purpose of role
The Reward Analyst will be a key part of the C&B team focusing primarily in compensation activities but also not afraid to get their hands “dirty” in some diverse reward projects.
This is a true ‘hands-on’ role for a confident Reward Analyst to provide credible and meaningful data to HR to ultimately drive employee engagement. The activities listed below are not exhaustive of what this position will be involved in and we are truly looking for someone with a compensation background but with an appetite in understanding the bigger picture of total rewards.
We are operating within a very lean organisation so we are looking for someone with the ability to drive changes and strive for excellence and is able to work independently and at the same time be part of a team.
- Provide guidance to HRPBs with compensation recommendations for new hires, promotions, transfers, job matches, job levelling, and job families.
- Consult and advise employees and managers on all compensation related questions.
- Develop presentation materials to be presented to the executive management team and cross functional leaders.
- Evaluate and perform deep analysis on base pay market positioning and salary range structures to ensure market competitiveness.
- Oversee the salary and benefit survey.
- Lead the compensation benchmarking process and support the total compensation and benefits benchmarking.
- Create new jobs and ranges as needed to support hiring needs.
- Analyse market data and develop annual salary increase budgets.
- Support annual compensation review activities of base pay, bonus, monitor all tools during planning to ensure completion of all activities.
- Conduct a range of research and analysis for policies and programs.
- Participate in professional compensation organizations and networking groups to understand trends in our industry.
- Act as a centre of excellence on reward.
- Design, and implement job grading and job levelling.
- Input and contribute reward and benefits related communications through the relevant channels across the business.
- The management of international pooling.
- Lead on the use, design and implementation of leading edge technology to present and offer reward and benefits information and communication to employees.
- Assist in developing communication materials and educating the wider HR team and line managers on reward.
- Maintain an awareness of total rewards trends and make recommendations to company programs and practices based on business applicability.
- Ensure all compensation programs and practices remain in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Experience in compensation (ideally Media/Technology industry).
- Ability to build effective relationships and establish credibility with HR team.
- Effective communication skills as well as the ability to influence and collaborate with others.
- Successful track record of delivering annual compensation processes. including benchmarking and salary range development.
- Strong knowledge of market survey vendors job classification and evaluation methodologies.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Experience of using and introducing HRIS systems.
- Strong analytical, organization and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to interpret data and report on it in a clear concise way.
- Demonstrate strong initiative and exercise good judgment and resourcefulness.
- Technical expertise and ability to apply logic, problem solve and deliver results on complex data analysis.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects with overlapping time frames and cope with shifting priorities.
- Ability to deal with a demanding fast paced work environment.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must maintain high level of confidentiality.
Diversity and inclusion
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement