Digital Marketing Manager
It’s an exciting time to join UMG as we continue shaping the future of global music entertainment. Home to some of the world’s biggest artists.
We are looking to fill an integral role on the global Digital Marketing Innovation team. We are looking for an energetic, passionate Creative Marketing Manager in our Santa Monica, CA offices. This is a great opportunity to join a team of innovators, who are passionate about delivering out of the box initiatives. Our approach to Marketing is to defy convention, disrupt industry norms and break new ground through innovative, culturally relevant, breakthrough campaigns.
This role is unique. So is the right candidate. In this role, you will be a key contributor in ideating and executing digital marketing campaigns for artists and UMG’s owned-platforms. You will be a member of a small, seasoned and nimble group of professionals based in LA and London and working with UMG marketing teams round the world. You will have the opportunity to produce some of the most high-profile, innovative digital campaigns worldwide.
- Develop creative marketing campaigns to drive high audience engagement and consumer loyalty.
- Partner with marketing innovation team and UMG music labels/territories on creative concepts for artist global campaigns and companywide digital marketing projects.
- Manage cutting edge digital campaigns from conception to launch.
- Collaborate and manage third party creative and tech developer agencies to execute materials assets and deliverables.
- Manage marketing budgets and work within budget limits.
- Work cross functionally with internal departments to align campaign strategies and goals.
- Optimize digital marketing campaigns through analytics and testing.
- Liaison with label executive, artist and artist management on marketing and branding initiatives.
- Strong understanding of the latest consumer technology and knows how to harness it for marketing
- Deep knowledge in running a digital campaign, from development to tactical execution, with an emphasis on mobile, social, video and an ability to tell stories through great ideas
- Strong understanding of marketing, analytics and how to apply data to test and optimize campaigns
- Embraces technology and has a very good understanding of the latest consumer technology and knows how to harness it for marketing
- “Finger on the pulse” of culture, digital, music and marketing
- Able to bridge the gap between creativity, music consumption and tech
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset
- Thrive in fast-paced and demanding environment, demonstrate strong judgment in the face of ambiguity
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- 5+ years of marketing experience in music, entertainment or advertising
- Experience managing a high volume of campaigns, while collaborating with diverse teams
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.