Media Manager - Streaming
Are you the crazy music-fanatic who relentlessly pushes your latest discoveries and mid-week gigs on your mates? If someone asked you, “what’s your favourite ever album?” would you struggle to choose because THERE ARE JUST SO MANY!? Ever thought your music obsession could be a full time career?
Universal Music Australia has a brand new opportunity available for a Streaming Media Manager to drive sales and other opportunities for the world’s largest music catalogue. Working with streaming and Digital Business Partners, the successful candidate will create innovative digital marketing and promotional campaigns, to deliver chart share and revenue growth for designated releases.
WHERE is this amazing, one-of-a-kind opportunity based, you ask? Well, we don’t wanna brag, but our ridiculously awesome office is in the heart of Sydney and has million dollar Harbour views...
Here’s the gist -
- Responsible for increasing streaming chart share for priority releases on a monthly basis through marketing/promotional strategies to exploit our artists and their profiles.
- Identify artist and release opportunities with selected digital business partners from delivery, to execution on platform, through to on-and-off platform digital marketing initiatives.
- Develop and implement national streaming strategy with national and global playlists, online radio and platforms.
- Strategize creative artist plans for streaming platforms, in collaboration with Marketing & Media Teams.
- Develop and maintain strong and effective relationships with streaming partners, digital platforms, curators and playlisters.
- Collaborate with wider business to ensure strategies are consistent and aligned with Global and local best practices.
About you -
- Your crazy obsession with music knows no bounds!
- You spend more time per day than you’d like to admit curating your perfect playlists. You’re a subscriber and consumer of various music and media platforms, and know the ins and outs of music streaming.
- You have a knack for developing and nurturing relationships with clients and contacts.
- You are a creative marketer with solid media/digital knowledge and experience.
- You are also a nerd with insights and reporting.
- You follow the music industry, our artists and our labels. You understand how the landscape has changed and have ideas for how artists can commercialise outside of the recorded business.
- You get along with all kinds of different people, collaboration is key.
- You thrive off pressure and love the hustle of a large workload.
- You’re not looking for a typical 9-5 job!
If the above sounds like you please follow the link to submit your application today. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About Us -
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world’s leading music and entertainment organisation, incorporating recorded music, music publishing and artist merchandise activities. The Group discovers, develops, markets and distributes recorded music through a network of subsidiaries, joint ventures and licensees in 77 countries worldwide.
The Group’s strength and legacy of music flows from a diverse family of music labels with rosters comprising some of the world’s most influential and legendary music artists; Taylor Swift, Drake, Boy & Bear, Troye Sivan, Dean Lewis, Rolling Stones, Vera Blue, The Preatures, Florence + The Machine, DJ Snake and Tame Impala – just to name a few!