Administrator, NA Royalty Incoming
UMPG is looking for a motivated person to work as part of the NA Royalty team. This position will have responsibility for royalty statement reconciliation and ingestion into UMPG’s administration systems, along with researching and correcting data errors & anomalies to continually improve data quality and the production of distribution statements to royalty recipients.
The data to be processed and managed covers the end-to-end royalty processing value chain from locating statements and reconciling cash receipts to royalty distribution for our writers and other clients. This position will be responsible for dealing with the work assigned in order to successfully deliver varied services across the value-chain for multiple customers, many with concurrent deadlines. This position reports into the NA Royalty Director and will perform various tasks across numerous projects and processes within the functional remit of the team.
- Perform accurate and timely statement reconciliation and ingestion into UMPG’s administration systems in accordance with global standards.
- Correct data errors and anomalies, provide research, and answer requests for business and financial information related to works and income from both internal and external customers.
- Use research tools, database extraction, and data management techniques to develop answers and perform calculations as required
- Provide internal support to the Global Administration team regarding royalty processing items, including research and resolution of tickets on the Jira ticket management system
- Assist in providing source statements to Tracking/Analytics and Royalty Audit departments
- Participate in suspense review and maintenance
- Ad hoc projects and responsibilities as required in response to changing business requirements
- Fast and accurate data-entry with attention to detail and understanding of how that data affects the value-chain
- The ability to identify issues and propose and implement solutions in response to day-to-day challenges within the role
- Capable of learning quickly how to perform research and analysis of issues to provide useful information and insight
- Comfortable numerically, with knowledge or ability to learn how to do financial calculations and analysis, including royalty calculations and performance metrics
- Solid Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel with the ability to learn customised systems, data management and comparison via Excel would be an advantage
- A collaborative team member able to work with the team Director, team Co-ordinator, and colleagues in the NA and Global Administration Teams
- Open-minded, flexible and cooperative with the ability to prioritize so that client needs are met consistently
- Responds appropriately to direction regarding deadlines, deliverables, key performance indicators and service levels
- Work towards team/department/company objectives and takes pride in meeting targets and satisfying internal and external customers
- Sets priorities and plans workload efficiently. Consults team Director and Co-ordinator and where appropriate to recommend solutions, solve problems and complete tasks and projects to deadlines
- Ability to escalate issues appropriately in a timely and professional manner
- Experience in the music publishing industry is helpful but not required, a willingness to learn the detail of the business and it’s process is important
- Bachelors Degree preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.