Social Media & Design Coordinator
The Social Media and Design Coordinator position requires creativity and a solid marketing background combined with data analytics. You will produce and coordinate the successful execution of various B2B marketing ventures in the production music space. Success in this position requires an artistic eye with exceptional design, copywriting and video editing skills. This fast-paced job is fuelled by creativity, innovation, ambition, organization and excellent problem-solving abilities. The position reports to the Sr. Marketing Manager.
- Be the company’s voice on social media by creating and posting daily content on all platforms to promote new music and video assets, lead generation, maintain client relationships and spearhead cross-promotional campaigns. Must be a social media native and expert in Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and Instagram marketing.
- Create content using GIFs and video as well as repurpose existing content to include in e-mail blasts, online advertising, and sales collateral.
- Creative copyrighting: including social media posts, album descriptions and promotional email copy to promote our music in B2B marketing, sales collateral and more.
- Construct detailed creative briefs for design projects to provide direction, tone, and campaign goals to designer for guidelines.
- Research and provide feedback on new marketing opportunities in target markets, including sponsorships and online advertising with key industry publications.
- Support the operations and execution of major events such as NAB, as well as other tradeshows, conferences, and company events from inception to wrap up as needed.
- Select and promote engaging client spots based on brand name or production title, to promote on social, you tube and in emails.
- Analyze and disseminate marketing data including but not limited to Google Analytics, paid search, music usage and licensing reports.
- Manage design and creation of giveaway material – aka SWAG.
- Liaison with vendors and UMG Finance via vendor portal.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The candidate has a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and 2-3 years of post-college experience in a creative marketing position. B2B experience a plus, B2B knowledge a must.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Premiere (or similar), HTML, CRM (Dynamics), as well as Microsoft Office applications, and project management software.
- Experience in maintaining corporate and/or entertainment Websites using content management software (sitecore).
- Ability to create interactive e-mail blasts write and proof promotional letters and sales-support collateral.
- Experience in digital advertising, SEO, and video/audio editing.
- Experience with tradeshow/event marketing.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new software, excellent project management skills and the ability to organize data into summaries, tables and charts.
- Strong knowledge of music (moods, genres, instruments) as well as music publishing is essential to communicating effectively with clients.
- Familiarity with production music is a plus.
- Supervises interns when applicable
- Works inside the company with all departments
- Works outside the Company with multiple vendors, partners, clients and Composers/Artists.
- Works in an office environment Monday-Friday 8:30am -5:30pm, along with Sr. Marketing Manager and Director of Marketing
- Requires an attention to detail and accuracy along with the ability to stay self-motivated and deliver on tasks with little supervision.
- Requires the ability to reason and foster decision making skills while working through day-to-day work solutions.
- Computer, Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere, HTML editors, Google Chrome, copier/ scanner.
- Four-year college degree in Business, Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.