Junior Designer/Creative Technologist
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Universal Music Group is seeking a Creative Technologist, Global Marketing Innovation who will support the Director, Digital Marketing Innovation in development and execution of all related activities. We are looking for a talented self-motivated individual with a flair for digital innovation and tech. You will be joining a team of global digital marketing professionals who are passionate about delivering out of the box initiatives. The Global Digital Marketing Coordinator/Creative Technologists primary responsibility will be to support the marketing team to develop innovative marketing initiatives and digital tools that can be scaled across our client’s organization, as well as global digital marketing artists campaigns.
- Assist with Social Media & Digital marketing strategy for artist from concept to execution using knowledge of digital marketing platforms
- Responsible for contributing innovative marketing concepts for the internal tool box; suggest improvements in new media & digital marketing where appropriate
- Manage and liaison with external agencies and UK based developers; manage expectations and timelines for deliverables
- Will own digital campaigns for US & Latin America based label artists from build out to execution
- Responsible for monitoring & analyzing campaign results; report learning to media team & stakeholders
- Actively participate in creative brainstorm sessions related to social media platforms and artist campaigns
- Interact with artist management, artist and marketing manager to present ideas and results related to campaigns
- High proficiency in web technology, web development and web design
- Thorough understanding of digital landscape (social media, digital marketing platforms, influencers etc.)
- Forward-thinker, self-motivated individual comfortable working in start-up environment
- Strong working knowledge of HTML, PHP & JS programming languages
- Good working knowledge and experience of native mobile programming for iOS & Android
- Good working knowledge of design, a sense and experience of contemporary styles and trends
- Good working knowledge of mobile digital and gaming landscapes, a plus
- Expertise in using Microsoft Office applications
- Manage multiple and concurrent tasks/projects; multitask and prioritize to adhere to tight deadlines
- Enthusiastic & positive approach to working with ambiguity; can work well independently and collaboratively with a team
- Passionate about music, digital world, tech and innovation!
- Minimum 1 year of experience in similar role
- Advanced video editing skills on Adobe Premier Pro or similar software
- Advanced graphic design skills on Adobe Photoshop
- Experience with 2D/3D animation and 3D software, a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Web Design, Multimedia Technology or related field
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.